• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services
menu

Developments in Mental Health in Greater Manchester

23/12/2016

As of 1st of January 2017 Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust and Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (the mental health trust for Salford) join together to become a single organisation.

The new trust, to be called Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, will provide care for people living in Bolton, Salford, Trafford and the City of Manchester, with specialist services covering Greater Manchester and beyond. For more information on this important development please see the NHS Improvement website https://improvement.nhs.uk/news-alerts/mental-health-trusts-manchester-combine-strengthen-services/

If you have concerns that you'd like to voice or questions you'd like answering, please get in touch by telephoning 0330 355 0300 or emailing feedback@healthwatchsalford.co.uk

Also......

The Salford Mental Health Liaison service has achieved accreditation from the Royal College of Psychiatrists - the first in the NW to do so. This reflects the work undertaken by both Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust and the Salford Clinical Commissioning Group.

And......

Following an update from the Greater Manchester Stroke Operational Delivery Network, GM Integrated Stroke Service has been highlighted by Salford Clinical Commissioning Group the highest scoring hospital stroke pathway in the country.

The CCG state...

"This highlights that, following commissioner and provider driven changes, we now have the highest scoring hospital stroke pathway in the country - better than London which is often heralded as the best, and hugely improved from before we fully centralised services in 2015. Fairfield General Hospital returned to being the highest rated stroke unit (out of 223) in the country, with Salford Royal climbing to 7th place and Trafford General 9th – in GM 3 of our 9 stroke units are now in the top 10 in the country. Patients in 9 of our 13 boroughs get ‘A’ rated care in hospital, with the remainder a ‘B’. Nearly 85% of our stroke patients are now seen at a specialist stroke centre following the closure of Macclesfield’s stroke unit in September - the remaining 15% do not need to go to a specialist stroke centre and are treated locally"

Does this match your experience, we hope so but if it doesn't, let us know at feedback@healthwatchsalford.co.uk or telephone 0330 355 0300 or leave your comments at http://www.healthwatchsalford.co.uk/have-your-say

Recent

Tell us your story button