Salford City Council Affordable Warmth Scheme
Salford City Council’s - Affordable Warmth Boiler, Fire & Cooker Gas Safety scheme for Owner Occupiers
Salford City Council currently still have their Affordable Warmth Boiler & Gas scheme open (while funds permit). This scheme concerns Health & Safety Checks on:
• Gas Boilers
• Gas Fires &
• In some cases we can check out Gas Cookers, if there are concerns.
They can also carry out repairs to Gas Boilers & Cookers up to £500.
There are terms and conditions. The resident must be a Owner-Occupier & meet one of the conditions below:
• Home owners who are 60 years of age or over and who receive means tested benefit
• Home owners who are 60 years of age or over and who receive state pension only (with no other income)
• Home owners who are 60 years of age or over and who are disabled (either registered disabled or can evidence disability, e.g. receiving DLA)
• Home owners who are 18-59 years old who are disabled (either registered disabled or can evidence disability, e.g. receiving DLA)
If you know anyone who meets these conditions and needs these checks/repairs, please ring Salford City Council on 0161 793 2264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
My thanks in advance for all help in promoting this scheme amongst residents and your colleagues.
NB: There is a short video clip promoting the scheme, please feel free to put on your websites & social media: https://youtu.be/r83F7QWP0Kg
For a downloadable version of this information from the council - see below....