The NHS COVID-19 app has been built in collaboration with some of the most innovative organisations in the world.
The NHS have worked with medical experts, privacy groups and at-risk communities. And they've shared knowledge with the teams working on similar apps in many countries.
The app runs on proven software developed by Apple and Google, designed so that nobody will know who or where you are. And you can delete your data, or the app, at any time.
It has a number of features:
- Trace: find out when you've been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus.
- Alert: lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district.
- Check-in: get alerted if you've visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus, using a simple QR code scanner. No more form filling.
- Symptoms: check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a test.
- Test: helps you order a test if you need to.
- Isolate: keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice.
The app is also available in multiple languages.