Who we are and what we do
Healthwatch Salford are the independent champion for people who use health and social care services in Salford. We’re here to make sure that those running services, put people at the heart of care.
Our sole purpose is to understand the needs, experiences and concerns of people who use health and social care services and to speak out on their behalf.
We focus on ensuring that people’s worries and concerns about current services are addressed.
We work to get services right for the future.
How we work
We are here to listen to what you like about services and what you think could be improved. No matter how big or small the issue, we want to hear about it.
Where possible, we will let you know when changes are planned to services in our community and help you have a say. We will also encourage those in charge of local care to involve you when changes are being planned to services.
You can also speak to us to find information about health and social care services available locally.
A health and social care system that is accessible and equitable for everyone.
We will work as an independent agent of change working with everyone to ensure voices are heard in decision making for health and social care.
- Inclusive - We start with people first. We work for everyone
- Transparent - We are open, honest and honest in everything we do.
- Be collaborative - We maintain a positive, forward-looking focus and work with other to get things done.
- Accountability - We take responsibility for our actions and stand by decisions .
- Making a difference - We work to a high standard, provide a quality service, keeping it simple.
- Seeking the views of people on their experience of needing or using health, public health and social care services.
- Seeking the views of people whose voice and views are seldom heard and reduce the multiple barriers that some people face in being heard, we will then use their views to bring about improvements.
- Acting on what we hear to bring about improvements in the health and care policy and practice.
- Healthwatch Salford is a strong and well governed organisation that uses its resources for greatest impact.
Should you wish to make a complaint about Healthwatch Salford please take a read of our Complaints Policy.
Have your say
Tell us your experience of health and social care services and help make care better.
Advice and information
Find out about more about how we can help you access the support you need to live well.