Conducted every year since 2003, the NHS Staff Survey is the largest survey of staff opinion in the UK. It gathers views on staff experience at work around key areas including appraisals and development, health and wellbeing, staff engagement and raising concerns. It helps the NHS organisations who participate in the survey to understand and compare their performance through the eyes of their workforce.
Of the 39 CCGs who took part in the 2021 survey, Salford CCG is ranked first for overall positive score, up from second place last year.
91% of the Salford CCG workforce completed the survey, the highest rate in the country, compared to the national average of 79%
Highlights from the survey
The results showed that:
- 95% of staff would recommend Salford CCG as a place to work. This is well above the national average of 66%
- 95% of staff believe the care of patients is the organisation’s top priority, compared to the national average of 79%
- 88% of staff believe the teams work well together within the organisation to achieve objectives, again well above the national average of 53%
- 83% of staff report feeling supported to reach their potential, compared to the national average of 58%
Key improvements from 2020 include:
- 100% of staff reporting that they have not felt any pressure from their manager to come to work when they have not felt well enough, up from 86% of staff last year
- 95% of staff reporting that their line manager takes a positive interest in their health and wellbeing, increasing from 90% last year
- 88% of staff reporting that they believe their immediate manager asks for their opinion before making decisions that affect their work, compared to 79% last year
- 85% of staff reporting that they believe the CCG acts fairly with career progression, up from 80% last year
Salford CCG’s core strengths as an organisation are highlighted as:
- effective and cohesive team working
- kindness and compassion amongst colleagues
- exceptionally strong working relationships between line managers and employees
- a positive overall approach towards health and wellbeing
- excellent opportunities for flexible working
- a culture which prioritises safety and speaking up
For the full results please see www.nhsstaffsurveys.com/results.